

Dear Friends and family,
Welcome to Baby Nathan's Blog, this is my first and of all things I hope I can keep up with this blog and keep everyone informed in this great journey I have been appointed to perform.
I will try to take you through my pregnancy till when baby Nathan made his entrance to this world and then beyond.
Welcome to Baby Nathan's Blog, this is my first and of all things I hope I can keep up with this blog and keep everyone informed in this great journey I have been appointed to perform.
I will try to take you through my pregnancy till when baby Nathan made his entrance to this world and then beyond.
It was late May when I was suddenly very sick, I had no idea what was wrong except - I could not keep food down and there was a very strange feeling in my stomach. I did not suspect I could be pregnant - for 5 days without any solids just fluids, I decided to do a preg test - as my periods are always irregular anyway. That Thursday morning, I had just found out I was accepted into Jerusalem for the Feast and also a certain gentleman was finally making contact.
That afternoon, I found out I was pregnant, I was shocked (been told I could not have children by a doctor here in Ireland)- scared, ashamed as well, I called the father to be, he came rushing, shocked but positive and delighted. He encouraged me that the pregnancy was a gift and needed to be positive...well lets say the rest is history.
Then Immediately, the task of acquiring information regarding pregnancy started. At work, I told the bosslady - Elena, she also confided in me that she was pregnant too, it was incredible - she then advised me of a few website which I immediately signed up to, eumom and the gentlebirthmethod - I followed the Jeyerani's gentlebirthmethod program which included taking some herbs, homeopathic, yoga, exercise and a strict diet, I embarked on this programme as I became determined to have a drug free and natural birth. We also employed a doula (birthing partner) as there was a high possibility that the father to be would not be available on the birth of our child.
We played around with different names when I was pregnant, if it was a girl, we would name her Tara Petra Bothlale and if it was a boy it was going to be David John Bothlale - somehow I remembered that my late dad's name was David and my mom was not happy in naming my child after someone else's name, so after some thought we chose Nathan - as he is the Rebuker in our life just as the Prophet Nathan was a rebuker to David and Bathsheba.
We found out we were going to have a boy in Swords when I attended the 3d scan at Baby Face, we were initially not going to know but the photos showed very strong features which were masculine also so I asked and was shown - we were given a dvd also which will be a wonder for Nathan when he is older.
My pregnancy was rather uneventful, my doula advised that I change from Holles Street to the MLU in Drogheda, the change happened and it was all a miracle as there was no appointment at the MLU until October, My doula and i were delighted that I was accepted into the Midwife Led Unit - cos it meant my desire to have a natural birth would then be realised. My doula also is a yoga teacher, so I joined her yoga class and learnt about hypnobirthing - which I signed up to also.
My blood pressure, urine and all that they check was always normal and like I said my pregnancy was truelly not eventful from a medical part but eventful on all the reflexology, cranial sacral therapy session, massages, yoga, diet, exercise and most of all hypnobirthing with my doula.
My folks at home were really eager to have someone over to assist me when the baby is born, my niece Mpumi arrived on the 26th December 07, baby Nathan estimated due date was the 3rd Jan 08, on that day it snowed up to +-6 inches high, so my doula stayed over to ensure that she was close should I go to labour, it was cold and baby Nathan was not ready to come, he decided to stay in my utero for another 10 days, I walked for 1 hour daily, ate hot food, pineapple to bring the labour on naturally, but baby Nathan did not budge.

No comments:
Post a Comment